Saturday is race day! I’m into the thick of packing and made this list to make sure that I have all that I need. If you’re getting ready for race day, feel free to use it for yourself. A few notes:
- Check the temps! I definitely don’t need gloves/hat on Saturday, but I wanted to to be a year-round list.
- Throwaway clothes: Have a crappy shirt that you don’t mind losing to wear to the line. Take it off right before the race starts. Most races donate them.
- Post-race clothes: I like to have a few things to change into for after the race. I put them in my …
- Bag-check bag: Most races have bag check, sop you can toss your phone, keys, extra clothes, etc. in a bag and they’ll hold it for you. Lines can be long, so leave time to account for it.
- Flip flops: When I run 13 miles, I normally want to kick off my shoes ASAP.
- Toilet paper: Sometimes they run out in the Port-a-Pots. Just sayin’.
Do you have any race essentials that aren’t on my list?