I’m no longer writing the Baltimore Food Examiner because it’s just too much to keep up and I prefer to share things over here, but I still want to bring you Baltimore food news because it’s awesome. Here’s what’s happening:
- There are tons of Mother’s Day specials via Dine Downtown Baltimore.
- France native Frank Ziegler has joined The French Kitchen at the Lord Baltimore Hotel. Chef Ziegler spent seven years in Asia prior to coming to Baltimore.
- Smashburger, the burger restaurant known for its fresh, smashed to order burgers, opened its doors on April 29, in Fells Point at 616 S. Broadway. (Great way to celebrate National Burger Month!)
- RA Sushi launched nine new menu items, including red seabream carpaccio, red seabream nigiri, tuna California roll, langostino strawberry salad, peach basil sour, Hot Tropics margarita, pear & lemon blossom lemonade, discovery sake flight, and TY KU coconut nigori sake.
- New restaurants are coming to Baltimore, including Sweetgreen in Harbor East, more Towson Hot Bagels in Federal Hill, Charles Village, and White Marsh, Donna’s at Mill No. 1,
- The Marketplace, home to Smashburger, is also bringing Sammy’s Enoteca and Kippo Ramen to Fells Point this fall.
Have you tried anywhere new? Had an amazing dish recently?