This 5 Things Friday is dedicated to all of the things that I’ve been doing in the past month while also promoting #for30more, which ended up raising $17,670 (to date)!
- I was excited to try* four new products, Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers, baked goods from Immaculate Baking Co., Pillsbury S’mores Melts cookies, and Yoplait Kids yogurt. I’m not a big fan of sauce on my veggies, but the Green Giant Steamers Teriyaki sounded delicious and it didn’t disappoint. The yogurt was another story. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle packaging was awesome, but the flavor was just a little too sweet for me. I could see why kids love them, though! (My dietitian friend allows her kids to eat them, so that says something.) And the Immaculate mixes? AMAZING. They have cute artwork on the boxes and HOLY DELICIOUSNESS on the inside. Same with the Pillsbury Melts. S’mores cookies?? Oh yes, please.
- Steve and I recently connected with friends/former co-workers of mine, Jes and Rachel of Intrinsic Events, to try** out Baltimore Tours & Crawls. I highly recommend it, especially around Halloween. You can do a variety of tours (in Annapolis, too!), but I definitely recommend the pub crawl, where drinking and history unite.
- I started a new job! I’m the Director of Public Relations & Communications at OrderUp, whose online and mobile ordering platform lets customers order from the restaurants they actually want. Our delivery team brings it right to your door! It’s a busy, busy gig so far, but I’m really liking it. I missed that entrepreneurial environment. (Want to work with me? We’re hiring!)
- We celebrated Katharine’s birthday in high style. I sent them off to dinner in a car from Blacklane Limousines, who graciously covered the ride. (Want to try Blacklane? Use code DWCST00V when booking for a discount. Steve and I are using it to take us to the airport, as well!) We dined at Barcocina and then danced the night away at Bond Street Social, our favorite dancing spot. It was the best way to cap off #for30more.
- Starting today, Fridays After Five returns to the National Aquarium in Baltimore. I’m always looking for date ideas and this is a nice frugal one. Just go to the Aquarium between 5-8pm and your admission is just $12!
*Disclosure: The information and prize pack have been provided by General Mills through Platefull Co-Op.
**Cost of the tour was covered by Tours & Crawls.