My third Stitch Fix arrived and I was so excited to tear into it. For this Fix, I asked the stylist to only include tops. I requested that they be non-cotton and work- appropriate. My stylist was Michelle, and she delivered. I opened up the box to find five patterned and solid tops. Win!
- The first shirt was a beautiful jewel-green color that I absolutely love. I think I would have really liked this shirt if it didn’t have a collar. I’m not a big fan of collars in general, and with the other details on this top, I felt like it was a little too much.
- The second was a striped, extremely colorful shirt. I actually really like the fit of this, even though it looked a little boxy before I put it on. Unfortunately, the stripes were a little too intense for my taste.
- The third was a striped wrap shirt. While my husband thought it looked a little bit like a zebra, I actually really like the pattern. It was trendy with the longer back, but the front was too short and boxy.
- The fourth top was a plain black top with really cute detailing on the sleeves. (They’re tulip-shaped, like the hem.) A friend noted that I could probably find something similar for less then $58, which is likely true, but I definitely liked the fit/look of this top. I think I would wear it a lot.
- I tried on the navy and orange shirt last. I like the pattern and, even though I don’t normally wear orange, this was a darker shade and went well with the navy. While I gravitate toward v-necks, I liked the slightly boat neck. (Anything wider would have me looking like a linebacker.) It was a little snug through the chest, so I emailed Stitch Fix to see if they could send me the next size up.
I waited to hear back from Stitch Fix about the size exchange. Since each are pretty custom, and they received limited sizes, they did not offer exchanges on that shirt. Womp, womp.
It’s a little expensive, but I decided to keep the black top because I really like the style and fit and think I will get a lot of wear out of it. Also, part of the reason that I use this service is that I am too lazy to go shopping. I’m sure a similar shirt does exist out there, but I just don’t feel like taking the time to find it.
So what do you think of my Fix? Oh, and if you have tried Stitch Fix (link to past reviews), share a link to your reviews in the comments. I love checking out others’ Fixes! (I saw that local blogger, Jenny at Love Eat Run, received and kept the same shirt that I did!)
7 Replies to “Stitch Fix review #3”
Good choice with the Black, I like that one on you alot!
Thank you! I really loved the navy one, but without going up slightly in size, it was just too tight.
i love the black one…but i also really LOVE the big stripes in number 2!!!
I think I would’ve liked them in different colors … just too intense in these.
Love the black, also LOVE that green one (I could see myself wearing that one for sure). I’ve blogged two of my three Fixes so far:
Fix #1: http://earthchicknits.com/2013/08/23/fashion-friday-stitch-fix-1-a-review/
Fix #2: http://earthchicknits.com/2013/08/30/fashion-friday-stitch-fix-2-a-review/