If you read my post recapping my 2013 goals, you know I love to categorize and make specific “self requests.” (Love that, Molly!) So here’s the list of 30 things that I want to happen in my 30th year. Let’s do this, 2014.
- Pick up 1-2 new freelance opportunities
- Post to blog 2x/week+
- Write at least one post that’s published on Medium
- Make a conscious effort to keep complaints minimal
- Get back in People 1/2 Size issue
- Achieve and maintain at least four months’ of spending in savings
- Increase 401K contribution to X%
- Increase monthly student loan payments by X%
- Increase earned:spend amount X% by EOY
- Run another sub 2-hr half marathon
- Do cross-training at least 1x/wk
- Hold a 2-min plank to increase upper-body strength
- Scale back on refined sugar. Swap one item w/refined sugar for something else each week
- Lose and maintain X lbs
- Continue to buy/make all-natural cleaning products
- Take daily vitamins
- Get involved with neighborhood association, park activities, etc.
- Volunteer: BARCS, CFFMD
- Make a conscious effort to do one kind thing each day
- Take advantage of living in the city (visit sites, go to events, etc)
- Try at least six new restaurants outside of Fed Hill
- Revive the date night at least 1x/month
- Find an excellent, moisturizing under-eye concealer
- Start using more secure passwords
- Read at least eight books
- Plan an awesome joint 30th birthday vacation with Steve
- Learn to cook three new dishes so that I’m not just known for my spaghetti
- Learn to cook with three spices that I don’t normally use
- Test at least one Pinterest pin per month; blog process and results
- Buy based on quality, not based on sales/quantity
Do you have 2014 resolutions/goals/self requests?
GIFs from Hilarious GIFs, I Can Haz Cheezburger, and Buzzfeed
5 Replies to “Kicking off 2014 with 30 for 30”
i love your goals! and self-requests is a really cool way of looking at it. i haven’t thought about mine yet, eeek.
Thanks Renee! It sounded kinder and more helpful to me than goals/resolutions. Happy New Year! I hope to see you running the streets of Baltimore as we chase down our running goals 🙂
Great goals! I want to be more healthy as well by being more active and taking vitamins. I love all the pics you used as well!